Ragnarök Festival Foren-Übersicht Ragnarök Festival
Offizielles Forum des Ragnarök Festivals

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

Any fellow Englishmen making the trip?

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Ragnarök Festival Foren-Übersicht -> English topics
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Shned

BeitragVerfasst am: 29.03.2010, 15:41    Titel: Any fellow Englishmen making the trip? Antworten mit Zitat

As of now, I'm flying solo to the festival, since no one else I know is really interested or has the time to go. If it comes down to it, I'll be happy to make it alone, but if anyone else from the UK is going next month, then give me a shout.

BeitragVerfasst am: 30.03.2010, 19:09    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Well, I'm 1/4 British, if that counts Razz

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
Shned

BeitragVerfasst am: 31.03.2010, 10:07    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I guess I should use this time to elaborate more, as well.

Since this'll be my first time, I'm still unsure of which route to take.

Fly straight to Berlin, then get on the Dominanz Travel bus tour down.
Or, fly to Nuremberg, and get down to Amberg.

They'll both cost about even, though I think the bus costs a little more. Also, can someone offer me their opinion on what to expect, since I have absolutely no idea whatsoever.

BeitragVerfasst am: 31.03.2010, 10:12    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I guess taking the bus will quite take its time.. you should be faster with flying to Nuremberg whatsoever.

Concerning this 'what to expect'-thing, well, as the festival didn't take place near Amberg before, I don't really know what it will be like. Bus it should be like any other Metal festival - quite some good music, loads of beer and (mostly) nice fellows having a three day-long partey.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
Promonex

BeitragVerfasst am: 31.03.2010, 10:25    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I'd also say fly down to Nuremberg and take the train. Or try to find someone to share a ride with in the carpooling forum. That should make both options a lot cheaper, though I'd still recommend Nuremberg, just in case you end up with someone unreliable who totally "forgets" about you, either in Nuremberg or at the end of the festival.

Shned

BeitragVerfasst am: 31.03.2010, 23:35    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

That sounds good to me.

I suppose the final question, even if it is just personal preference: would you recommend the Sleeping Hall, or should I save myself the money and bring my tent?

BeitragVerfasst am: 01.04.2010, 06:54    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Well.. the sleeping hall's got a roof, so in case it rains you'll be dry.

But still as long as one guy in the sleeping hall prefers not to sleep, but to play with children's toys (the Playmobil viking ship some years ago was hilarious, though! Cool ) or to talk all night long, nobody in the hall will be able to sleep.
And if just one guy feels sick after having one or two beers too much, you will all smell what happened. Or see, if he sleeps near you.

So I'd recommend camping.. I've used the sleeping hall once, and afterwards decided never ever to do it again Cool

But still, it will be dry in there, so that's quite a point..
michaeljee

BeitragVerfasst am: 27.12.2012, 06:39    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi That is great, That is awesome information, i was also looking for this.if just one guy feels sick after having one or two beers too much, you will all smell what happened.
Regards
Dravenath

BeitragVerfasst am: 09.01.2013, 21:35    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Tickets, flights and hotel all sorted. Will be my 5th Ragnarok so if any English people need any advice or want to meet up let me know Smile
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Ragnarök Festival Foren-Übersicht -> English topics Alle Zeiten sind GMT
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.